Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Letter to God

This morning for devotions, we were told to write God a letter and to write to Him like we would anyone else. Here is my letter:

Hey God,

Its's me again. i just wanted to say thanks for getting me through yesterday. I couldn't have made it through without knowing you were walking beside me.
I love you. I don't say it often enough or loud enough, but I do. I want to feel closer to you everyday. Closer and closer.
Would you please heal Lucy? And help her to feel you very near to her in this time.
What do you think about me getting a tattoo?

Then, on the other side of the paper, we were to write what we think would be God's response. Here is God's response:

Hey you,

you're welcome. I'm always near you wanting to help you when you're struggling. I do it because i love you.
I know you love me, but you do need to remind yourself more often. I want to feel closer and closer to you, but that requires you to be vulnerable and trusting of me. How badly do you want it? Badly enough to let down all your defenses and let me in?
I have Lucy in my hands and I'm walking with her in the midst of this struggle. Keep praying for her, but know i have it under control.
I think you'd look good with a tattoo.

That last part I might have been a little biased about. ;) Don't worry..no tattoos yet.

This was a really great way to start off the morning and it spoke to me alot. Its a good way to write down some things you might be struggling with, to get them from your head onto paper, and for God to speak clearly to you through your own writing.

When I read "God's response" that I had written, I realized I hadn't been the one really writing. Those were God's words to me and for those situations.

Try it!



7 comments:

  1. hahahaha
    i love God's response to the idea of you getting a tat.
    He sure knows what He's talkin about
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds interesting, I will try it, thanks for posting! I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful idea: to write God and then write his response back. I am going to try that...some time. I loved it. Thanks for sharing Aeriole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Often times I've heard of writing letters to God, I never thought of writing down His responses...very well done! I think you are hearing the voice of God quite clearly :)

    ReplyDelete